Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The media

The media fills us with so much crap. It's a bully really... Think about it. They tell us that to be the ideal girl we have to be 20 pounds, have huge tits, and an ass that's the size of a peanut. Then they tell guys to be assholes, and that they have to be buff, and look like Zac Efron of Justin Beiber to get girls. It's crap. I don't know a single person who isn't beautiful or handsome in their own special way. Seriously, I don't. Nobody is ugly unless their personality is shit, and then that's not even physical, it's their social skills that suck.

I read 17 magazine, but only for the horoscope, real life stories, and the informative articles. It's the only magazine (that I've found) that tells girls they are beautiful no matter what size they are.

What lead me to sitting here to rant about this stupid shit? Facebook. Why? Because so many  of my friends post shit about wishing that they were better looking. Idgaf what you look like, if you're a nice person, and you don't act like you're the greatest person in the world, you're already beautiful or handsome. Sure some people are born with oddly 'perfect' bodies, but a lot of the time they're ugly on the inside. Which is where true beauty is found. So quit judging yourself. Find ways to make yourself feel beautiful without being unhealthy. I legit stand in front of my mirror naked and point out the things I love about my body. Focus on the good and the 'bad' will slowly dissipate. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment